Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Starting Over

I haven't written in this or the Sheldon blog n months due to laziness, exhaustion, being overworked and pure forgetfulness. I hope to make up for that, but honestly I doubt I'll update more than once a week (if that).

I'm starting over with this blog. I was going to make a new one, but I couldn't think of anything creative or blog-like and I figured serenalu would do just fine. I'm deleting my old posts and starting fresh. I'm not catching up with what's happened since I've blogged since only 3 people follow my blog and I doubt they regularly update theirs.

Basically, I'm actually in college now. The first two years of college were a joke, a laughable excuse for a scholastic experience. I studied probably three times total and managed to maintain my 3.6 GPA (except last semester...I had a 3.44). Now I have to read every night in order to participate in class-or even understand the class-and I have to do assignments too! Who would've thought, right? And now that I'm in my upper division major classes, I'm starting to majorly HATE broadcast journalism. It's not the major for me. I love journalism and news and writing especially, so I think I'll stick with communications, but I might switch over to print, which is an unfortunate thing since our program is such a weak one. If I had known this coming in, I would have DEFINITELY picked another school. I was under the impression, and was told by many administrators and such, that this school has a great comm department. And it does! But not for journalism. Our newspaper is a joke (entitled the Daily Titan, the campus calls it the Daily Typo for its lack of editing and lack of creativity) and our professors insist on only teaching about print journalism when most newspapers are declaring bankruptcy. I wish I had explored my options more when it came to schools. I guess I was just ill-equipped. I hope I can prevent future journalism students from making the same mistake. :(

And another regret I have: not studying abroad. I mean, I love being an RA again, it's a fantastic job and I love my co-workers. But I wish I was in Spain or Chile right now, meeting people from all over California and the world and exploring a new country and speaking a different language. My life would be different and I think I'd be a lot happier. Obviously, I have no idea. Maybe I'd be miserable without my friends, family and Sean but I feel like all I want to do is get away from here.

I wanted to update this blog and write how I'm feeling and hopefully I did so. I miss my best friend so much and I miss my sister. My two Andreas. :) I can't wait to go home this weekend and see my family and my dog and be loved again. I forget how good it feels to just be home and relax.

Until next time

3 comments:

Fete said...

Serenalu Hello from Spain!!!

andrea said...

aww baby i miss you too. and it's hard looking back and wondering if you made the right choices, but in the end everything will work itself out (and besides, spain will be more fun when we go together ;))

love you <3

schizo4ohtwo said...

well, i had no idea CSUF just isn't what it used to be for you. or maybe it never was, which makes me sad. hope all is well.